Araluen Christian College partners with families
guiding each child's journey of living and learning,
providing hope, in Christ, for their future.
The Araluen College Community
Our community is founded on the following principles:
- All people are of value and are created equal in the sight of God.
- Parental involvement is valued and is essential in the development and sustaining of the College community.
- Educational programs provide for the development of the whole person - intellectual, social, emotional, physical and spiritual.
- Children feel safe and are likely to reach their potential when encouraged in a caring, Christian environment.
All parents, staff and students are expected to support these principles and the College ethos which upholds them.
To have a community where:
- Jesus is the head
- Everyone strives for excellence in all areas of educational achievement
- Each member of the College community is challenged to reach his/her God-given potential
- Personal acceptance and inclusion of each individual is clearly and consistently conveyed to everyone: students, staff and parents
- Relationships are based on Jesus' example of love, acceptance and servant leadership
- Proper authority is exercised and respected as it is based on justice and fairness for all
- Students take ownership of their choices and abide by the Student Code of Conduct.
- Response to student behaviour is appropriate and consistent and consequences are just, progressive and predictable
- Students grow to become responsible, respectful, generous and reliable young people who have a sense of pride in our College community
Education for Life
Choices - we all face them. Some choices are easy to make. Other choices can affect the rest of our lives - or the lives of our children.
At Araluen Christian College, we believe that one of the most important choices parents face today is where to educate their children. As parents you look for a quality education with high academic standards and one which instils the values you believe are important for your children.
We believe that it is possible to combine a quality academic education and a commitment to Christian values. At Araluen Christian College, we integrate both these perspectives: in an affordable education equipping your children for life.
While strongly advocating a Christian world view, we cover all aspects of the national Australian Curriculum while we continue to integrate the parts of the Northern Territory Curriculum Framework which are still in use.